Many people underestimate the power of drinking water and the positive effects it can have on your skin and overall health. Your skin is the largest organ in your body protecting you, storing lipids and water, preventing fluids loss and serving as thermoregulation. Drinking more water is the most natural way to get that glowing and healthy skin we all want. Let’s take a look at 7 ways drinking water helps improve skin.
- Sagging skin: You might have heard about water fasting and its benefits for overall body health. However, this method is not suitable for everyone as it can damage your skin. Instead of water fasting, drinking plenty of water every day is a healthy option that can tighten your skin at the same time.
- Reduces wrinkles: Water keeps your body hydrated and refreshed, which helps maintain your skin’s elasticity. People who drink large amounts of water are less likely to suffer from scars, wrinkles and soft lines. They will not show as many signs of ageing as those who drink little amounts of water. As you grow older it is tougher for the body to retain water in the system, but you are helping your body and your skin stay hydrated by drinking enough water every day.
- Flush toxins: Drinking water helps improve skin by flushing toxins from your body. Your body is made up of over 60% water, so it makes sense that drinking enough water will help to clean out harmful toxins and keep your body working at its best. Your skin is one of the first places that you’ll feel this benefit, as drinking more water can help to flush out impurities and keep your skin looking hydrated and healthy. Many people try to get rid of these impurities by going on a juice diet, but it’s much healthier to maintain a healthy diet and drink plenty of water.
- Moisturize: Water cleanses the body, clears clogged pores and keeps skin healthy and beautiful. Even though it seems ideal to take a bath or shower every day, it is great for your skin to cleanse your body and water to clear clogged pores to keep your skin moist and healthy.
- Elasticity: Many people complain of dark circles under their eyes. Dark circles are really caused when your skin is dehydrated. When your skin is dehydrated, it loses elasticity and eventually starts to sag. This will cause darkness to appear under the eye area as well. The good thing is that this can be easily avoided if you just drink more water!
- PH Balance: Did you know that it is important to maintain a good ph balance in your skin? The ph value of any substance ranges from 0 being highly acidic and 7 being neutral and it is the exact value of pure water. The reason you need to drink more water is to ensure that your ph value is balanced, giving you healthy skin.
- Prevents pimples and acne: You may also have heard that water can help prevent pimples and acne. There is a scientific explanation behind this. Water keeps your skin hydrated, which prevents your pores from clogging. The result is clearer and healthier skin.
Drinking water is very important for your skin, it helps you keep a healthy body and skin, and it also prevents illness. But drinking water has many benefits, including helping with weight loss and improving skin. There are many ways to make drinking water easier, such as incorporating flavoured ice cubes or fruit into a pitcher of water that can be used over several days. Or try infusing fresh herbs or vegetables into the water.
- Hi there, I'm Yekum Ane and I'm a dedicated skincare coach who is passionate about educating people on the importance of skin awareness through healthy eating. I firmly believe that maintaining healthy eating habits and following simple skincare tips can help us all achieve great skin without putting in too much effort. Let me guide you on your journey to healthier, more beautiful skin!
- May 12, 2023SkincareCollagen Supplement UAE: The Ultimate Guide to the Best Collagen Powder
- May 10, 2023Gift ideas7 Mothers Day Gifts: Ideas to Celebrate Mom’s Love
- May 8, 2023Fashion & BeautyGet Ready to Shine: 9 Summer Nail Designs to Make You the Beach’s Main Attraction
- May 4, 2023Fashion & Beauty13 Best Self-Tanning Products for 2023:Sun-Kissed Skin Anytime: